Succulent marinated chicken, with a fresh homemade slaw, served on a warm fresh flat bread.
This Fake Away Kebab will hit the spot for any kebab lovers.
Chargrilled Chicken Flatbread | Chicken Kebab
An easy, delicious fake away recipe, anyone can make.If you marinade over night, you can make this dish the following day in 20 mins
- ½ kg Chicken Thigh, Skinless, Boneless Cut into bite sized pieces
- 150 g Greek Yoghurt
- ½ tbsp Ground Cumin
- ½ tbsp Tumeric
- 1 tsp Paprika
- ½ tsp Ground Black Pepper
- ½ tbsp Salt
- 1 tsp Oregano
- 1 tsp Tikka Powder
- 1 tsp Garlic Salt
- 150 g Self Raising Flour
- 100 ml Cold Water
- 1 Pinch Salt
- ½ Red Cabbage
- 1 White Onion
- 2 Carrots
- 2 tsp Lemon Juice
- 1 Pinch Salt and Pepper
- 3-4 tbsp Mayonaise
- In a large bowl add the chicken and marinade ingredients and mix well, refrigerate over night, or for at least an hour. Over night is best
- Mix the flour, salt and water in a bowl, mix thoroughly into a smooth dough.If mix is too dry add a little more water, and of too wet, a little more flour.Leave aside to "rest"
- Using a box grater, grate all the "slaw" ingredients.Wick away as much moisture as possible from the grated ingredients, kitcehn towel will soak up this well.Mix in the Salt, Pepper and Lemon Juice and pit aside for now.
- On the hob start to warm one frying pan on a Medium heat.In another pangrillpan add 1 tbsp of oil and add the chicken to the hot oil.To cook the chicken with a nice chargrill, avoid turning or tossing the chicken constantly, once placed in the pan, leave to get a nice colour, then do the same on the other sides.
- Whilst the chicken is cooking, roll the dough out as thinly as possible without it tearing.Add the dough to the empty hot pan and cook each side for around 1 minute,
- place the hot flat bread on a serving plate, top with a quarter of the chicken and a spoonful of the pan juices.Now mix the slaw mix and mayonnaise and add a spoonful of the mix on top of the chicken.Garnish with your fave sauces and toppings. Red Onion, Mango and Minted Yoghurt are my favourites.ENJOY!
If you can marinade over night, this really makes the chicken so much more tasty.