Marinated and seasoned tender chicken pieces. Served with the ultimate Peanut Satay Sauce!
Let’s be honest, the sauce makes or breaks chicken satay, but the collaboration of well marinated tender chicken and an irresistible peanut sauce makes this a recipe you’ll keep returning to.
CHICKEN SATAY WITH PEANUT SAUCE
- 6-8 kg Chicken Thighs Boneless and Skinless
- ¼ cup Coconut Milk
- 2 tbsp Soy Sauce
- 2½ tsp Curry Powder
- 1½ tsp Ground Turmeric
- 3 Cloves of Garlic Minced
- 1 tbsp Ginger Grated
- 1 tbsp Brown Sugar
- 1 tbsp Fish Sauce
- 3 tbsp Smooth Peanut Butter
- 1 tbsp Soy Sauce
- 1 tbsp Lime Juice
- 1 tsp Grated Ginger
- 2 tsp Brown Sugar
- 2 tsp Chilli Garlic Sauce or Sweet Chilli Sauce Try both!
- In a medium bowl, combine coconut milk, soy sauce, curry powder, turmeric, garlic, ginger, brown sugar and fish sauce.
- In a gallon size Ziploc bag or large bowl, combine chicken and coconut milk mixture; marinate for at least 2 hours to overnight, turning the bag occasionally.
- To make the peanut sauce, whisk together peanut butter, soy sauce, lime juice, brown sugar, chili garlic sauce and ginger in a small bowl. Whisk in warm water until desired consistency is reached; set aside.
- Preheat skillet, grill pan or frying pan to medium high heat. Thread chicken onto skewers. Lightly spray or brush with oil; season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Add skewers to grill or pan, and cook, turning occasionally, until the chicken is completely cooked through, about 12-15 minutes.
- Serve immediately with peanut sauce.