One of my favourite’s, a rich indulgent, melt in the middle chocolate pudding that will impress.
Chocolate Lava Cake
So rich, so indulgent, so good, and so easy!
- 125 g Unsalted Butter
- 175 g Chocolate of Choice
- 2 Eggs
- 2 Egg yolks
- 50 g Caster Sugar
- 2 tbsp Plain Flour
- 1 Pinch of Salt
- Melt Butter and Chocolate in a bowl over a pot of hot water until combined and silky
- Whilst Chocolate is cooling, grease and flour your muffin tins. Combine the eggs, Salt and Sugar in a large bowl and whisk vigorously until lighter in colour and fluffy. Now add the cooled Chocolate and fold together. Add the flour and mix again till a uniformed colour.
- Pour the mix evenly into 4 muffin tins or ramekins. Place in a pre heated oven at 225 degrees c, for 7-9 minutes.
- Carefully flip the cakes onto a plate once cooled for 1 minute, then flip again onto a cooling rack so they are the right way up.
- Serve straight away with ice cream and a dusting of powdered sugar