This super simple recipe, is so budget friendly and a firm favourite for all the family, you’ll be making this all winter!
This recipe almost feels like cheating, its so simple!
- 2 kg Tomatoes (Ripe Vine Tomatoes work best) Cut in half
- 2 Onions Cut in quarters
- 1 Red Onion Cut in quarters
- 1 Bulb Garlic top cut off, keep root
- 8 sprigs Thyme Dried will work
- 8 Basil leaves Dried will work
- Olive Oil
- 1 tbsp Paprika
- 1 tbsp Salt
- 1 tbsp Pepper
- 1 tsp Sugar
- Double Cream to serve optional
- Add all the ingredients except the cream to an oven dish and mix well to coat all the vegetables in oil and seasoning,Make sure the garlic bulb is well coated even the outer skin.Turn all the tomatoes cut side up. Garlic cut side down
- Place in a pre heated oven at 220c for 25 minutes
- Remove from oven and turn all the veg so as not to let any burn, except the garlic, leave that cut side down.
- Place back in the oven for another 20-25 minutes until everything is lovely and soft.
- Remove the garlic to cool, and place everything else into a food processor/soup maker.Squeeze in the softened garlic cloves and blitz until smooth. If too thick add a little water and blitz until happy with the consistency.You can also use a hand blender if you prefer.
- Ladle into soup bowls, drizzle a little cream and garnish with a basil leaf.Serve with croutons or even better, sliced grilled cheese.Enjoy!