I think cooking steak correctly is one of those things that once you master it, it feels like a huge achievement as a budding home cook, I know it was for me. Trust me, I ruined many steaks when I first started to cook.
And once it clicks, you realise, cooking the perfect steak is pretty simple.
Simple herbs, butter and a littler care is all you need, my favourite ingredients are Rosemary, garlic and good quality butter, thats it, but you can use what ever you like for yours.
Perfect Steak Recipe
- Steak of Choice I used T Bone here
- 4 Cloves of Garlic
- 2 Sprigs of Rosemary
- 75 g Unsalted Butter
- 2 tbsp Vegetable Oil
- Salt and Pepper To Season
- Bring to room temp: Take the steak out of the fridge 30 minutes prior to bring to room temperature. Dry steaks: Pat dry with paper towels and salt the steaks to draw out as much moisture as possible
- Heat skillet: Heat oil in a heavy based skillet/frying pan over high heat until it is very hot, smoking.Season your steaks now.Add a knob of butter, this will bubble at first, and then start to calm down and slightly brown
- Gently add steak to the pan: lay the steak away from you so as to not splash hot oil on yourself.Do not move or touch the steak and cook for 2-3 minutes depending on your preferred pinkness, I like medium rare, so 3 minutes for me.
- Turn and Baste: Now turn the steak and whilst cooking this side, add your herbs, garlic and rest of butter, tilt the pan, and baste for 2-3 minutes.
- Remove and Rest: Take the Steak from the hot pan, and set aside to rest, loosely cover with foil.You want to rest the steak for at leat 5 minutes, preferably 10.
- Plate Up: Serve your steak and enjoy!