This chicken dish takes 30 minutes to make, and is my new favourite midweek dinner.
Serve with pasta or even creamy mashed potatoes, this will not disappoint.
A creamy shallot and garlic based sauce makes this a chicken dish you'll keep coming back to
- 600 kg Boneless, skinless chicken thighs
- 30 g Plain Flour
- 60 g Shallot Finely diced
- Dried Basil, Oregano, Rosemary, Thyme OR Italian/mediterranean seasoning of choice
- 4 Garlic cloves Finely diced or crushed
- 1 tsp Fresh thyme leaves
- ¼ tsp Chilli Flakes
- 300 ml Chicken Stock
- 180 ml Double Cream
- 100 g Sun Dried Tomatoes Chopped
- 80 g Grated Parmigiano Cheese (Parmesan)
- 2 tbsp Basil Chopped
- Pasta or Mashed Potato to serve
- Pat your room temp Chicken thighs dry, and season well both sides with salt, pepper and your seasoning of choice.Dredge in the flour and shake off any excess flour.
- Heat a medium skillet/large pan over medium-high heat. Melt together the some oil and butter, then add the chicken in a single layer and cook for 3-4 minutes on each side, or until golden and crispy. Remove the chicken and set aside.
- Add the shallot and garlic to the pant and cook for 3 minutes, being careful to not let them brown. Add the fresh thyme and red pepper flakes and stir for 1 minute, until fragrant.
- Add the chicken broth, heavy cream, and sun-dried tomatoes and cook through for 3–5 minutes.
- Add the Parmesan cheese and stir until the sauce thickens slightly. Season the sauce with salt and black pepper to taste.
- Return the chicken to the skillet and cook for 2 minutes, or until warmed through.
- Serve with pasta or mash.If Im serving with pasta I remove the chicken once more, stir in my pasta to the sauce then re add the chicken once on the plate.Garnish with the basil.