Pan Seared Chicken Breast
This dish is a little bit special, and is definately in my top1 0 favorite midweek dinners.
Pan Seared Chicken Breast
A beautifully cooked juicy chicken breast, served with buttered mixed cabbage and herbed roast potatoes
- 2 Chicken Breasts Skin on
- 1 tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 tsp Garlic Powder
- 1 tsp Onion Powder
- 2 tsp Smoked Paprika
- 1 tsp Cracked Black Pepper
- 1 tsp Kosher Salt Table Salt can substitute
- 1 Handful Mixed Cabbage Leaves or Greens Cut stems from leaves and slice into strips
- 125 g Unsalted Butter Room Temp
- 2 Cloves Garlic
- 1 Dried Red Chilli or Chilli Flakes
- 2 Sprigs Rosemary Stripped
- 3 tbsp Balsamic Vinegar
- 5 Anchovies
- 4 Rashers Smoked Bacon Diced
- 8-10 Small New Potatoes Peeled.
- 1 Sprig Rosemary Chopped
- 1 tbsp Oregano
- 1 tsp Sage
- ½ Cup Oil
- Pre heat oven to 200390Place your chicken and all the marinade ingredients in a bowl, and mix well until chicken is coated evenly.Put aside for now
- For the Potatoes, put an oven tray with the oil and herbs in the oven to heat whist you prep your seasoned butter
- Boil potatoes. in Salted water for 8. minutes until a sharp knife can be pushed into them without resistance. drain water and shake in the boiling pot to fluff up slightly. Remove Tray from oven and place the potatoes in the tray, turning them to fully coat in oil.Place back in oven for 40 mins, turning regular to crisp up evenly
- In a blender add the garlic, chilli, rosemary , anchovy fillets and butter, an.d combine well. Put aside for now
- Heat 1 tbsp of Olive oil in a frying pan or skillet, once hot place fillets skin side down and cook until golden, flip the fillets and cook other side untill golden, roughly 3-4 minutes either side dependant on size.Remove from heat and boil another pan of water for the cabbage.
- Blanche the Cabbage for 3-4 minutes then remove and drain well, remove as much water as possible.Place the chicken pan in the oven for around 13-15 minutes with the potatoes.
- In another pan, fry off the bacon until crispy then put aside in a bowl, saving the fat.Add the Balsamic to the fat and half of the butter mix, toss in the cabbage leaves and toss in the pan fon high heat for a couple of minutes.Add the bacon back into the pan and mix into the leavesRemove from heat and set aside
- After 13-15 mins in the oven remove the chicken and leave to rest.
- Once Potatoes are crispy and golden (roughly 40 mins from start), remove from oven. and set aside
- Slice the chicken and add to a dinner plate, with a serving of the cabbagegreens, and potatoes
This Recipe feeds 2 people