Pulled Pork Tacos is the Most Amazing BBQ sauce
These Slow Cooker Pulled Pork Tacos have juicy pulled pork piled in a soft tortilla, Or even a crispy Taco, whichever you’d prefer, I’ll do both! These are the perfect idea for feeding a crowd, and everything can be made ahead of time!
BBQ Pulled Pork Taco’s
- 1.5-2 kg Pork Shoulder
- 1 Bunch Coriander/Cilantro Rough Chop
- 1 Red Onion Finely Sliced
- 1 White Cabbage Shredded
- 1 Carrot Shredded
- 16 Small Tortillas Corn or Flour are fine
- Mozzorella or another mild white Cheese Grated
- 300 g Ketchup
- 3 tbsp Honey
- 4 tbsp White Wine Vinegar
- 2 tbspn Vegetable Oil
- 1 tbsp Worcestershire Sauce
- 2 tbsp Soy Sauce
- 5 tbsp Dark Brown sugar
- ½ tspn Mustard Powder
- ½ tspn Black Pepper
- 1½ tspn Smoked Paprika
- 2 tbsp Black Treacle
- 2 tbsp Yellow Mustard As a Binder
- 1 tbsn Salt
- 1 tbsn Cracked black Pepper
- ½ tbsn Paprika
- ½ tbsn Smoked Paprika
- ½ tbsn Dill Seeds
- 1 tbsn Onion Powder
- 1 tbsn Garlic Powder
- ½ tbsp Turmeric
- If your meat has the skin attached, You can remove thisRub the Yellow mustard all over the meat, making sure you cover every nook and cranny.Mix your dry spices and sprinkle onto the meat rubbing in thoroughly, all the meat should have a generous coating.
- In a pan with a small amount of oil, sear each side of the meat, your looking for a rich brown sear here.
- Add all your BBQ Sauce ingredients to a pan and heat through until fully combined.
- Add the meat, 1 cup of BBQ Sauce and 1 cup of water to the slow cooker.Set on Hi and cook for 90 minutes, then reduce to low and cook for another at least 4 hours.If you have the time, a complete cook of 8-9 hours is best, but 6 hours will have the Pork soft enough to shred.
- Once the cook time is over, place meat into a large bowlor dish and shred with 2 forks fully.add a cup or more as needed of the cooking liquor to keep the meat moist.Cover in foil and set aside
- Add the rest of the Cooking liquor to a pan and reduce to a jus. This will be used to slightly sauce each Taco, but mainly in a side dish to dip the tacos.
- Flour Tortillas, use as they are or lightly fry to add a crunch to the bite.
- Corn Tortillas, Warm in a Dry Pan, and drape over a rolling pin until ready to use.
- Lets Build…..Grab your Tortilla, add your BBQ Pork, Sprinkle on some cheese, pinch of Coriander leaves, Cabbage, Carrot and Onion, Spoon over some of the liquor, dress with a zig zag of Mayo, dip in even more Liquor and enjoy!