Craving that “fast food” or diner-style burger? The Classic Smashed Burger fits the bill. Ooey gooey cheese is practically dripping off this smashed burger with toasted bun. Make this special sauce or top it with anything you like!
These Cheeseburgers will blow you away, they are juicy inside and have an amazing crust to the outside that adds a texture that you just dont find on other burgers.
The Best Smash Burgers
- 500 g Steak Mince Beef 15%fat
- 1 tbsp Cooking oil
- 4 slices Processed Cheese Slices American if possible
- 2 Brioche Burger Buns
- 2/3 leaves Iceberg Lettuce
- 1 Red Onion Sliced into rings
- 1 Beef Tomato Sliced
- Salt and Pepper to season
- Sauces and garnishes of choice
- Separate your mince into 4 even parts, then gently roll these into lightly packed meatballs. Careful attention not to press the meatballs too firmly together, but enough to hold shape.
- Oil a pre heated Grill pan and place the meatballs into the grill pan. Using a firm wide spatula press the meatballs into your desired size and thickness in the pan.
- Now we can season as desired with Salt and Pepper or any other seasoning you like.Leave pattie's to cook for around 4 minutes to create a crest on all the knarly parts of the pattie edge
- Now its time to flip those burgers once the underside is cooked.
- Halfway through cooking the second side add your cheese slices
- Once patties are cooked, remove to a side plate and add your Buns to the hot pan for 30 seconds to toast,
- Now to build this monster, start with Lettuce to protect the bun from getting soggy, then add your first garnishes, followed by two patties, and then more garnish, red onion and more lettuce to protect the top bun again.