Pollo Al Ajillo, Garlic Chicken, This is one of the most simple dishes you can make, that is simply delicious!
Tender, juicy chicken, with crisp flavoursome skin, this dish is a favourite in my house.
Serve this with my “Patatas Bravas, and your guests will shower you with praise….
- 8 Chicken Thighs
- 1 Bulb of Garlic
- 3 Bay Leaves
- 1 tsp Thyme
- ½ tsp Rosemary
- ¼ cup Olive Oil
- ⅓ cup Madeira Wine Dry sherry or any dry wine will do
- Season the chopped chicken with salt and pepper.Set a medium to large skillet on medium-high heat and add olive oil.Once the oil is ready, start browning the chicken skin side down.
- Turn the chicken once skin is golden.Add garlic, salt, and pepper, dried thyme, dried rosemary, and bay leaves.Mix everything to combine and cook for 10 minutes
- After 10 minutes, the oil should be infused with the garlic and herbs, turn the chicken again, to brown the skin, cook for 2 minutes.
- Add the Wine and cook away the alcohol for 1 minute, de glazing the pan.Cover and cook for a further 10 minutes on a low heat to brown the skin and cook the chicken through
- Remove and rest the chicken.Serve with Patatas Bravas or another side dish and garnish with chopped parsley