I’m ready to declare these the fluffiest, creamiest, and easiest mashed potatoes ever.
These are special occasion mash, but no reason why you cant have them when ever!
The Ultimate Mashed Potatoes
- 1.5 kg Maris Piper potatoes Cleaned and Peeled
- 4 tbsp Salt
- 350 ml Whole Milk
- 120 ml Double Cream
- 1 Bulb Garlic Halved
- 2/3 Sprigs Rosemary Finely Chopped
- 50 g Butter Add to personal taste
- Freshly Ground Black Pepper
- Place potatoes in a large pot and pour in cold water to cover by 1". Add a large handful of salt and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer until potatoes are very tender but not crumbly, 20 minutes. Drain, and leave to steam dry
- Warm milk, cream, garlic, and rosemary sprigs in a small saucepan over medium until fragrant, about 5 minutes. Remove pan from heat.
- Pass hot potatoes through ricer or mash very well. Add butter and 4 tsp. salt and stir until butter is completely incorporated. Strain warm milk mixture through a fine-mesh sieve into a large measuring glass. Pour into potatoes ½-cupful at a time, stirring after each addition until liquid is fully incorporated and mixture is smooth before adding more.Don't feel the need to add all the mixture, taste as you go, and get to the consistency you like
- Serve mashed potatoes topped with a few grinds of pepper.
- Do Ahead: Mashed potatoes can be made 1 day ahead. Cover and chill. Reheat over medium, stirring often and adding ¼ cup milk or stock to thin out if needed