Tuscan Chicken with Sun dried Tomatoes
An indulgent, creamy, rich, chicken meal, that will become a staple of your “go-to” family meals.
Packed with fresh flavours, this Tuscan Chicken in a Cream based Sun Dried Tomato Sauce is the a chicken dinner that puts smiles on faces of the whole family. Add your side dish of choice and you’ve created something that will impress every mealtime.
TUSCAN CHICKEN WITH SUN DRIED TOMATOES
- 2/3 Chicken Breasts cut into equal chunks
- 1 Egg
- 3 tbsp Plain all purpose flour
- ¼ tsp Salt
- ½ tsp Freshly ground black pepper
- ½ tsp Dried oregano
- ½ tsp Dried thyme
- ½ tsp Dried paprika
- ¼ tsp Garlic salt
- 3 tbsp Olive oil
- 1 White onion Sliced
- 2 Cloves Garlic Minced
- ½ tsp Dried oregano
- 1 tsp Paprika
- 160 g Sun Dried Tomatoes From Deli counter
- 1 Red Pepper Sliced
- 1 tbsp Tomato Puree
- 100 ml White Wine A quality you'd happily drink
- 250 ml Chicken Stock
- 1 Pinch Salt
- 1 Pinch Pepper
- 90 ml Double Cream
- 50 g Parmigiano Reggiano Freshly grated if possible
- 90 b Baby Spinach
- 1 tbsp Parsley Finely Chopped
- Pre heat oven to 160Whisk the egg lightly in a shallow bowl. In a separate shallow bowl, mix together the 100g flour, 14 tsp salt, 14 tsp pepper, 12 tsp oregano, 12 tsp thyme, 12 tsp paprika and 14 tsp garlic salt.
- Heat 2 tbsp of the olive oil in a large frying pan on a medium heat. Dip the chicken breasts in the egg, then dredge in the flour mixture. Place the chicken in the pan and fry on both sides until golden. Take the chicken out of the pan and place on a tray in the oven for 10 minutes to finish cooking whilst you make the sauce.
- Add Oil to same pan. Add the onion and cook for 3-4 minutes until they start to soften. Add the garlic, oregano, paprika, sun dried tomatoes, red peppers and tomato puree. Cook for 2 minutes, then pour in the wine, simmer for 2 -3 minutes, then add the chicken stock, salt and pepper. Bring the boil, then simmer for 5 more minutes.
- Stir in the cream and parmigiano reggiano, then add the chicken. Add the spinach to the sauce and stir to cover the spinach in the sauce. Cook for a further 3-4 minutes until the spinach wilts. Serve topped with a sprinkling of fresh parsley. Serve with either pasta or your choice of a potato side (Crispy garlic potato's are great with this)